|Install Fedora 11 Step by Step Guide|
|Thursday, 25 June 2009 17:16|
This section provides a basic step-by-step installation of Fedora 11 from CD-ROM with screen capture.
1. Before you can installing Fedora 11, you will need to download the Fedora 11 installation CD/DVD from the fedora project website. So first of all, we need to visit fedora project website - http://fedoraproject.org/. Click at the Get Fedora link at the Navigation column.
2. When you are at the Fedora 11 download page, you can click at the Download Now! button below the Installable Live CD. Once you had finish downloaded the iso file, burn it into CD with your cdrom burning software.
3. Insert the Fedora 11 CD into the cdrom drive and power up your computer. Select boot from CD-ROM drive if your system are not configure CD-ROM drive as default boot device. If your system manage to boot into CD-ROM, you will be able to see this screen.
4. If you are getting this screen, mean that your computer are booting into Fedora 11.
5. Once your computer had finish booting up, you will get this login screen. Click at the Log In button to continue.
6. Once you had log into the system successfully, you will be getting this screen. You can start using it to browse internet with the Firefox browser or editing the photo with the GIMP. To continue to install Fedora 11, click at the Install to Hard Drive button.
7. Click Next button to start the installation process.
8. Select the keyboard for the system and click Next button to continue.
9. Make sure you are installing the Fedora 11 into a empty hard before you click at the Re-initialize drive button to continue the installation process.
10. You can configure your computer name and domain name now or continue with the default value and change it later. Click Next button to continue.
11. Select the nearest city in your time zone, so that the system can display the time correctly. Click Next button to continue.
12. Enter the root password here. Root account is the account with the highest privilege in the Fedora 11 system. So make sure you enter the password which not easily guest by someone. Once you had enter the password twice, click Next button to continue.
13. If the password that you enter are too simple, you will receive this prompt. Click Yes button if you don't want to change the password.
14. Since you are installing the Fedora 11 into a empty hard disk, you are safe to let the installation program to help you decide the partition layout. Click next button to continue.
15. Click Write changes to disk to start the installation process.
16. During the image transfer process, you can walk away to have a cup tea and come back later.
17. If you come to screen mean that your Fedora 11 installation is complete. Click close button to exit the installation program.
18. When you are back to this screen, you can click at the System button and select shut down option.
19. Click at the Restart button to restart the system.
20. You will reach this Welcome for first time booting into Fedora 11 system. Click Forward button to continue.
21. Once you had understood the License Information click at the Forward button.
22. At this screen, you will have to create your first user account for the system. In future, you will have to login with the user name and password that you enter at this screen. Click Forward button to create the user account.
23. If the password that you enter is too weak, you will receive this prompt. Click Yes button if you plan not to change the password.
24. You can configure the Date & Time manually or synchronize the clock with a remote time server. Click Forward button to continue.
25. Click Finish button to continue.
26. Click No, do not send.
27. When you are in this login screen. Click at the user account name that you had created and enter password to log into the system.
28. Once you are at this screen mean that you had log into the system successfully and you had installed Fedora 11 successfully.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 25 June 2009 22:19|